UPDATE: We are nearing our registration limit. On the day entry will not be possible.
The Stanley Bay Stampede is a community fundraising event for Stanley Bay School this Sunday 30th May 2021. Starting and finishing at the school – the course includes the Ngataringa Navy fields.
We’re planning an epic re-boot of our inaugural 2019 Stampede with fun and challenging obstacles for kids and adults of all ages. And once again, the run ends with a slip and slide into a giant mud pit! Do as many laps as you dare…
The race starts and finishes at Stanley Bay School – 15 Russell Street, Stanley Point. Enter online NOW and on arrival please collect your bib in the school hall.
As well as on-street parking, there are plenty of spaces at the Navy Ngataringa Sports complex, accessed from Jim Titchener Parade (highlighted in pink on the parking map). The yellow line shows the quickest route to the school. During the race, this yellow pathway will be used by runners so please use the alternative red route back to your car (via the Tennis Club entrance). Note the route back to Navy fields via the Ngataringa Tennis Club entrance.
The Stampede starts from 10am. Starts will be in waves of 10-15 people, starting with the under 5 year olds. The waves are casual so if you can’t make it to the right one then come along to the last wave starting at 11.30am.
|Registration at the school hall – to collect your race bib.|
(You can do this anytime from 9am but ideally at least 20 minutes before your start)
|Under 5 years and accompanying parents starts.|
The less confident can do our Nippers Course which is all within the school field.
More confident under 5 years olds can go around a lap of the full course.
|5-7 years starts||10:30-11am|
|8-10 years starts||11-11:30am|
|11 years + and open starts|
(including families that want to run together)
WHAT TO WEAR
SHOES ARE COMPULSORY and we highly recommend old clothes that you don’t mind getting a bit mucky in. It is best to bring a change of clothes afterwards to get dry and warm.
ENTRY & PRICES
Discount Code for SBS Students & Families
All Stanley Bay School students can use the promo code SBS when prompted for a promo code for discounted entry of $10, (selling your raffle tickets will help raise more money for the school). If you want to register as a family then use the promo code SBSFAMILY to discount your family entry to $50.
Online entries will close at 6pm on the 29th May. Entries on the day will NOT be possible.
|Earlybird Entry before 11:59pm on 16th May 2021||Entry from 17th – 29th May (6pm)|
(Under 5 years with a free adult)
(5 – 16 years)
(2 adults and up to 4 children)
Hot food will be available including a sausage sizzle and baking for sale. There will also be a coffee cart for hot drinks. EFTPOS will be available.
CHANGING ROOMS & BAG DROPS
Male changing rooms are in the corridor of Rooms 4/5 and the female changing rooms are in the library. There is a bag drop option for you in the PE shed by Room 12, next to the school field. See the school map above for directions.
The fire brigade can’t help with the hose-down this year due to the current water shortage, so we have a hose-down area to help with your after-race clean up! Find this on the top court near the school office, Russell St side.
We are so lucky to be able to host this event in these unusual times. However, there are few things to be aware of as we adjust to our new normal at COVID-19 Alert Level 1.
- If you or someone you are in close contact with have symptoms of cold or flu, are unwell or who are waiting on test results for COVID-19 you must stay away
- If anyone (or if anyone close to you) has been overseas or in self isolation within the last two weeks prior to the event you must stay away
- If you are an at-risk person or you live with or have regular contact with an at-risk person(s) then you must stay away
- Participants must supply their own water and other refreshments for the duration of the event.
- The Ministry of Health requires all gatherings to have a system to record and retain the contact details of all people involved in or attending the gathering. To ensure Lactic Turkey Events can comply with this, all participants must enter any event via our website at least 24 hours before the start. Spectators and non-participants will be required to register their attendance on the day also. This information will be available to the Ministry of Health for 4 weeks after the event.
- There will be a contract tracing QR code poster to scan on arrival FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS AND SPECTATORS. The government tracing app can be downloaded at https://tracing.covid19.govt.nz/
- There will be a hand sanitizer stations at in various locations around the event base. Please use these as required.