Public User (Not signed in)
  • Print Page Content
About UsClasses & Staff
Senior SyndicateClassesMiddle SyndicateJunior SyndicateStaff
News & EventsFor ParentsContact us 




New building (completed 2010), Glen Road view.

To ensure our children can ‘do their best’, the Board and staff believe that the children need to enjoy the very best of facilities, with class numbers kept as low as possible, especially in the junior classes. At present all of our junior classes have 15 – 17 children per class. To ensure we can continue to achieve these excellent staff/pupil ratios, the Board enlisted the services of Fat Parrot Architects to design new resource and teaching areas for the school.

The school community is very proud of the two heritage buildings that were first added to the school site in 1909. Adding to heritage buildings had to be done with care to ensure the design aspects of the original buildings were enhanced. Fat Parrot Architects have done an excellent job to provide two very different faces for the school, and building work was completed in 2010.

The two heritage buildings dominate the view from Russell Street and the new addition supports this view. From Glen Road the school now looks balanced with the additions providing a modernised perspective. Our vision for better integration of our wonderful heritage school with the growing need for new rooms and resources for children and teachers was achieved.

The concept rejoins the two heritage buildings with a corridor built at the same floor level as the two buildings. This corridor will be known as the ‘Centennial Walkway’ and will house a mural to celebrate the 100 years of Stanley Bay School’s history. Past and current pupils are invited to contribute to this mural.
  FACILITIES:

Library
Computer Suite
Hall
Pool
Playground
Sports Field & Courts
PE Shed
New buildings 2010



View from Russell St


View from Glen Road